News Plane Crashes Update News — 18 April 2017

Update: Yateley plane crash: Eyewitness recalls aircraft ‘stall’ before crash landing when engines cut out

A pilot remarkably walked away uninjured after his light aircraft “stalled” before crash landing in Yateley on Monday (April 18).

Emergency services were called to the scene at around 5.20pm – an airfield south of Minley Road – after the plane crash landed.

The pilot, a 30-year-old man, self rescued and was uninjured but was taken to Frimley Park Hospital as a precaution.

Fire crews from Yateley and Basingstoke fire stations attended the crash site but the pilot was “out and walking” by the time they arrived.

An eyewitness, who lives near to Blackbushe Airport, said he saw the plane “stall” before coming down.

They said: “I was walking with my grandson down to the drive and the planes, when they run off the easterly runway, take off this way.

“This plane took off as normal and went to the right and then just after it turned right the engine cut.

“At that stage, I was not very worried because part of crew training, they have to do a stall checker, so they basically cut the engine and restart it so the pilot can get an idea of what it’s like when the engine cuts out.

“I assumed that was what it was, but the engine cut out and didn’t restart and the plane started going down.”

He said he did not see the impact but tuned into Blackbushe Airport using his airband scanner radio where they said they were closing the airport due to an emergency.

“The reason they had to close the airfield was because they have got two engines at the airports that supply fire cover for plane crashes at the airport and the two fire engines had to go to the crash site,” said the eyewitness.

He explained the pilot managed to glide the aircraft down and hit a couple of trees before landing on what he believed to be a cricket pitch.

“When the plane is running at 1,000 feet you haven’t got much time to glide it down. He did a pretty good job when he realised the engine was not starting,” John said.

“It’s possible he may have done gliding before, it obviously is a big help because you need to know how the engine will react without an engine.”

The Air Accident Investigation Branch is investigating the cause of the crash.

Read More: =>

Older news:
A pilot has walked free uninjured after his light aircraft crashed in Hampshire this afternoon.

Emergency services from Hampshire fire and rescue raced to the scene, crews from Yateley,Hartley Wintney, and Basingstoke attended after the plane crash landed at the rear of of the Crown and Cushions on Minley Road Yateley.

It is believed the plane left Blackbushe airport and crashed just after 5pm on Sunday.The pilot had or was attempt to return to the airport but crash ripping the wing off aircraft as it hits tree.

It is understood that the pilot escaped from the wreckage before the arrival of the fire service.

Air Accidents Investigation Branch personnel were on their way to the scene on Sunday evening to begin collating information for a report.

Read More: =>

Raw video:

Center map

1188 Total Views 3 Views Today


About Author


(0) Readers Comments

Comments are closed.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons